Maybe egg in the hole won’t change your world, but fried egg in a hole made in some bread is one of my favorite things for breakfast lunch or dinner. Best of all it can be done about a million different ways – so never grows old.
You may also know it as Egg in the basket, Betty Grable Eggs and has been adapted to things like “toad in the hole” for the sausage dish make in its likeness. Really, all it involves is a piece of bread with a hole removed and an egg in the center and then cooked with a little butter.
So here is just a slight variation from the traditional.
1 slice of bread
1/2 of a sliced avocado
Salt & Pepper to taste
Bacon cut up into pieces.
That’s it – so yummy and no directions required – you assemble it how you wish and fry it in a pan. I fight the normal and always put the “hole” to off center – so there is more room for the “extras” like bacon, scallions, chives, jalapeños, basil, honey … etc. Cook the egg to your liking – soft, over easy, sunny side up, or hard.
Need some great images to match your amazing recipes that you have on your food blog?
Post your blogs here, and then ask people to like your post. Whoever gets the most comments for their blog will get three of their creations photographed by Jeanine in December – and three images to use for their blog or marketing. We will stop counting votes on December 1st.
The winning blog can supply me with three recipes that will be cooked and styled, and then photographed by Jeanine Thurston and as a little bonus, they will get a copy of the new MUY BUENO Cookbook (photographed & signed by Jeanine and Yvette).
Muy Bueno Cookbook – available now at Barnes & Noble bookstores and online at Amazon.com
Food photography is an amazing thing that draws the viewers and makes them say yum… or not. Do any of you have one or more cookbooks sitting on your shelf? Now how many recipes have you actually made that DIDN’T have a corresponding photo?
It’s the law of averages – the more photos that tell the viewer that it looks good to eat – the more likely they will come back to look at your blog, the more likely they will post it on their social media pages, and the more images they see they like in a cookbook… the more likely they will buy it. There are a lot of wonderful chiefs out there, but some of us are just average mom, spouses, or even bachelor(ettes) that really just want to be able to cook a recipe without too much effort and make it look good. Being able to compare what you have prepared from a recipe to a photo in a book can be the pat on the back you need to know you did it right.
I’ve been photographing small products and food for over two decades and how can I help but love it when someone looks at a food photo and you can see them with a slight hunger twinge in their tummy for it.
That being said… it’s time to spruce up your blogs and websites. Why not push your food blog to the next level – and make it look as good as it tastes? Let me help you with your food blogs or cookbooks to be and make people drool. For details please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a brochure and options for making your blog pop!
The FEED Zone
MUY BUENO Cookbook
ONLINE MAGAZINE / E-BOOK
Recipes that feature products from IMUSA and Avocados from Mexico
- The Ultimate Latina Toolkit, Latina
- New Cinco de Mayo Recipes!, Paul Deen
- Web Deliciousness: Cinco de Mayo, The Pioneer Woman (05/05/11)
- Links We Love, SAVEUR (11/21/11)
- Weekly Roundup: Creative Cocktails, Gourmet Live (12/31/10)
- Spiked Coffees to Cure Your Hangover, Yummly (09/02,11)
- Warm Drinks to Keep You Toasty All Winter, Yummly (12/02,11)
- 10 Fantastic Fall Squash Recipes, Babble (11/14/11)
- Freshly Pressed, WordPress (11/10) and (07/11)
- Great Food From Asia, Europe & Latin America: 36 Recipes, The Kitchn (07/10)
- Festive New Year’s Cocktail: Cranberry Margarita, The Kitchn (07/10)
- Looking for a Great Refried Beans Recipe: Good Questions The Kitchn
- Spiced Pumpkin Mousse & Chai Tea Concentrate: Delicious links for 11.08.2011, The Kitchn
- Thanksgiving Turkey Leftovers, Latino Style, NBC Latino (11/28/11)
- A Latino Thanksgiving: Galletas de Suero (Buttermilk Biscuits), Fox New Latino (11/20/10)
- 8 Great Recipes for National Margarita Day, Fox New Latino
- Celebrating Los Dias de los Muertos (photography), Fox New Latino (10/30/10)
- Celebrating Thanksgiving, Latino-style, Fox New Latino (11/18/11)
- Latina Food Bloggers’ Favorite Recipes, Cookbooks and Holiday Meals, SpanglishBaby (12/27/11)
- Latin Slow-Cooker Recipes. Que Gusto!, Tiki Tiki (01/27/11)
- The Gift of Making Tamales Together, Tiki Tiki (12/16/10)
- Home Altars and La Caridad, Tiki Tiki (09/08/11)
- Empanadas: The Global Fried Pie, Tiki Tiki (11/09/11)
- Black Bean Salad: A Simple and Healthy Recipe, New Latina (01/20/11)
- The New Latina Guide E-Book: Download Your Free Copy!!, New Latina (02/15/11)
- Latina Cooking Blogs – A Mix of Tradition and Technology, New Latina (03/01/11)
- La Cuaresma ha Llegado! / Lent is Here!, Mama Latina Tips (03/11/11)
- Chiles Rellenos de Camarones y Queso / Cheese and Shrimp Stuffed Poblanos, Mama Latina Tips(04/01/11)
- Happy Easter!, Mama Latina Tips (04/22/11)
- Muy Bueno Cookbook Featured in Latina Magazine
- Día de los Muertos and Halloween (photography), La Voz 10/26/10
- Champurrado: A Solution To The Snowstorm, Huntington-Belle Haven (01/27/11)
- Texture Matters, Fine Cooking (03/01/11)
- Recipes from Our Favorite Latina Food Bloggers, iVillage (09/12/11)
- Thanksgiving Dishes Latinas Love!, iVillage (11/21/11)
- 5 Twists on Christmas Eve Fish, The Stir (12/23/11)
- 15 Sweet & Salty New Year’s Appetizers Make Your Mouth Say PARTY!, The Stir (12/30/11)
- Host a Traditional Posada This Christmas, MAMIVERSE (12/15/11)
- Cinco de Mayo Sweets & Drinks, Sugar Loco (05/03/11)
- Latin Flair – Papaya and Coconut Popsicles (Paletas de Papaya y Coco), A Chica Bakes (06/30/11)
- Recipes for Lent/Recetas de Cuaresma #4, Thoughts of a Mommy (03/30/11)
- Spicy Mushroom Torta with Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese, Wisconsin Cheese Talk(04/01/11)
- Ten Delicious Global Dishes That You Can Make At Home, The Huffington Post (04/04/11)
- Nine Great Easter Treats And Recipes From Around The Globe, The Huffington Post (04/22/11)
- Top Ten Holiday Drinks, Popular Hispanics
- Delicious Empanada Recipes from Muy Bueno Cookbook!, Popular Hispanics
- Thursday’s Daily Dish, 12 Tomatoes (10/28/10)
- Blogs by Latinas